Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada at University of British Columbia
About Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada at University of British Columbia
The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized accomplishments in other key areas.
- Deadline: 1 Dec 2021 (annual)
- Study in: Canada
- Course starts 202
- Bachelor’s Degree
Field of study
Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC.
The value of your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow award is commensurate with your financial need. Financial need is determined by adding the tuition, fees, and costs of living, and subtracting the financial contribution that you and your family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on financial information provided by you and your family.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or until completion of a degree, whichever occurs first, provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing at your college, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (visa student).
To be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
- You must be an international student who will study in Canada with a Canadian study permit.
- You must enter UBC from a recognized high school or transfer from your freshman year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- Must have graduated from high school no earlier than June two years prior to the academic year to which you are applying. For example, applicants for 2023 must have graduated from high school no earlier than June 2020.
- Must apply for your first college degree.
- Must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all A’s or an equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from obtaining a degree from UBC.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
Applications are currently closed.
To apply for the International Scholars program, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit organization, and submit a referral from an academic referee. Please confirm that your school or non-profit organization can nominate you and inform your nominator and academic referee that you would like to apply for the International Scholars Program.
Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC by December 1, 2021. You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by February 1, 2023.
Official Scholarship Website: http://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-international-students/international-scholars/
Tags: Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia, Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada at University of British Columbia 2023